How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In San Diego
Home security cameras can easily be placed as a warning—something that notifies criminals or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to tighten your home’s defenses.
Fortunately, modern security cameras are armed with an array of additions all tailor-made to enable all-encompassing protection for your family. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording functionality or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detection, these additions help you to have the most from home security cameras in San Diego.
How To Set Up Your San Diego Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to improving your security cameras is placing your devices in the proper places within your house. Interior security cameras should be placed in common areas such as the living room or den. It’s also a great notion to have a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to pass to get to the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras should provide a clear sightline of your front door, drive, and patio, garage, and other outdoor isolated constructions, like sheds. You can always get a view of your main entryway via a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations within your interior that aren’t quite as vital to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, placing a camera in the vicinity could impact your privacy. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you desire a form of security in bedrooms.
Features That Enhance Video Surveillance
Device placement is only the first step in utilizing the utmost from home security cameras in San Diego. The innovations described below help to optimize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive instant notifications on your mobile device the instant unusual motion is sensed. You can also program cameras to start recording when motions are detected which will add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your security cameras to film and save clips so you can view them anytime.
- Two-way talk: Nearly all of today’s security cameras have a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually speak to guests through the camera. Through ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re home or welcome your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view is determined by how much a camera can see, and allows for a more complete look at what where you want to protect. Look for cameras that provide a minimum of 120° coverage or that can pan all the way around for superior visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your security cameras come with either LED or infrared sensors that will pick up footage of overnight motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the freedom to guard single spots within your home.. For example, you can program your doorbell camera to alert you of activity happening on your yard or your patio and ignore animals passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera feeds, control cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send up-to-date alerts when the see unusual motion around your house.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in San Diego is simpler. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way talk, your home security system can go from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (619) 354-2314 or submit the form below to begin customizing your home security and camera system today.